Terms and Conditions
This privacy statement was last updated on 5th January 2021
LeanTwin Consulting Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information you provide or as you access and use materials on leantwin.com (the “Website”), including the Site subscription pages or other websites or apps that post a link to this Privacy Statement.
In addition, information that you submit to LeanTwin Consulting Ltd in response to an email request for information or other outreach from LeanTwin Consulting Ltd, or through LeanTwin Consulting Ltd’s employment application processes, will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
When we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that date. We encourage you to review this statement periodically to remain informed about how we are protecting your information.
WE ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT THE LEGAL GROUNDS
We are required by law to set out in this privacy statement the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your personal data. We rely on one or more of the following lawful grounds:
- you have explicitly agreed to us processing your information for a specific reason;
- the processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we have such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency; or
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party, which might be: to provide our services to you or our clients and other third parties and ensure that our client engagements are well-managed; to prevent fraud; to protect our business interests; to ensure that complaints are investigated; to evaluate, develop or improve our services or products; or to keep you or our clients informed about relevant products and services and provide you with information, unless you have indicated at any time that you do not wish us to do so.
To the extent that we process any special categories of data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because:
- you have given us your explicit consent to process that data;
- we are required by law to process that data in order to ensure we meet our ‘know your client’ and ‘anti-money laundering’ obligations (or other legal obligations imposed on us);
- the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law;
- the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- you have made the data manifestly public.
Please note that in certain circumstances it may be still lawful for us to continue processing your information even where you have withdrawn your consent, if one of the other legal bases described above is applicable.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT, AND HOW WE USE IT
What information do we collect?
LeanTwin Consulting Ltd collects information from you when request copies of publications, subscribe for email newsletters, seek additional information regarding our services or employment opportunities, or register for LeanTwin Consulting Ltd sponsored events.
If you do not provide such information, you will not be able to request copies of publications, subscribe for email newsletters, seek additional information regarding our services or employment opportunities.
Personal information that we collect includes: names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, unique personal identifiers, financial information, subject areas of interest and/or demographic information.
In addition, we sometimes aggregate demographic information and the types of systems and browsers of users LeanTwin Consulting Ltd also may conduct user surveys on the Web or use technologies to provide LeanTwin Consulting Ltd with information on a number of areas, such as user identity, user viewing habits, whether or not users found what they were searching for, whether the Site content is relevant to user needs, and the like.
How do we use personal information?
The purposes and uses of your personal information will depend on the use of the Site and the personal information provided. We process your personal information:
(i) for the purposes of safeguarding the legitimate interests pursued by LeanTwin Consulting Ltd. This includes:
- Informing you about updates to the service and notifying you about other products and services offered by LeanTwin Consulting Ltd that may be of interest to you, including information regarding publications and events
- Tailoring your experience at the Website with relevant LeanTwin Consulting Ltd materials
- Understanding the Website’s user population, identifying subject areas of interest, and determining whether the Site is designed to work with the computer settings of a majority of our visitors
- Measuring and improving the effectiveness of LeanTwin Consulting Ltd marketing programs across different channels.
- Improving our web content and navigation.
(ii) on the basis of your consent. Insofar as you have granted us consent to the processing of personal information for specific purposes (for example, your application form for employment with LeanTwin Consulting Ltd), the lawfulness of such processing is based on your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
(iii) for compliance with a legal obligation. This includes anti-fraud and anti-money laundering measures as well as tax and social security requirements.
We will not sell, share, or rent or otherwise make available your personal information to other parties, except that we may disclose the information to third parties who perform services on our behalf and have a need to access the information in connection with those services.
Any third parties will only process this information to the extent to which and within the limits that LeanTwin Consulting Ltd itself is permitted to process that data.
HOW WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
The third parties with whom we may need to share personal information to help us provide services and products to you and to run our Website include:
- our subsidiaries or affiliates;
- our advisors;
- our third party service providers who process information on our behalf to help run some of our internal business operations including email distribution, IT services and marketing and events services;
- our business partners for publications and events co-organized by LeanTwin Consulting Ltd and them;
- law enforcement bodies in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
LeanTwin Consulting Ltd retains your personal information for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
We seek to ensure that we only keep your personal data for the longest of:
- the period necessary for the relevant activity or services;
- any retention period that is required by law; or
- the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further communications from us in any or all forms you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every e-mail that is sent to you by us.
When subscribing to LeanTwin Consulting Ltd e-mail newsletters, you are given the opportunity to select which promotions, news, and information you would like to receive at the time of sign up, and you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from such communications.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Other tracking technologies work similarly to cookies and place a small amount of data on your devices to monitor your website activity to allow us to collect information about how you use our Site and our services.
With most internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored on your computer.
We may use:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages
Only authorized employees and contractors will have access to any data provided by you, and that access is limited by need. Each employee or contractor having access to any personally-identifiable information is obligated to maintain its confidentiality.
We use a range of measures to ensure we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. The transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. So although we use appropriate measures to try to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
This website contains links to other Web sites not operated by LeanTwin Consulting Ltd.
LeanTwin Consulting Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any non- LeanTwin Consulting Ltd web sites to which we link from the Site. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting other websites and sites not governed by our Privacy Statement.
We cannot control the content or security of such websites. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred by a user as a result of visiting such websites. No links are intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us of that other website.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
LeanTwin Consulting Ltd complies with all applicable privacy laws and regulations. LeanTwin Consulting Ltd may be compelled to surrender personal user or customer information to legal authorities if presented with a court subpoena or similar legal or administrative order, or as required or permitted by the laws, rules and regulations of any nation, state or other applicable jurisdiction.
Also, in the event of a violation of the terms and conditions of use of the Site or a violation of any restrictions on use of materials provided in or through the Site, we may disclose personal user information to our affected business partners or legal authorities.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and details of how we use that information.
If any of the information held about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to amend or rectify it, please follow the process outlined below and we will amend our records where appropriate.
You also have the right to require us to erase your personal data, stop processing your personal data, restricting the processing of your personal information, right of portability of your personal information and/or to withdraw your consent to processing. This may not apply if there are other legal justifications to continue processing. If you think we may have incorrect personal information or would like a copy of the personal information we hold on you, or to exercise any other data protection right, please let us know. Please note that we need you to prove who you are before we can provide you with any information.
RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we are using your information, exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you have any questions or comments about privacy issues, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org